- M.A. (The University of Tokyo), Ph.D. (The University of Tokyo)
- Lecturer, Faculty of Letters, Toyo University, Japan (Apr 1991-Mar 1994)
- Associate Professor, Faculty of Letters, Toyo University, Japan (Apr 1994-Mar 1995)
- Associate Professor, Graduate School of Humanities and Sociology, The University of Tokyo, Japan (Apr 1995-Dec 2006)
- Visiting Philosopher, University of Oxford, England (Jul 2002-Jul 2003, Nov 2008-Dec 2008)
- Professor, Graduate School of Humanities and Sociology, The University of Tokyo, Japan (Jan 2007-March 2018)
- Guest Professor, The Open University of Japan, Japan (Apr 2009-March 2015)
- The 2010 Uehiro Lecturer, University of Oxford, England (Nov 2010)
- Honorary Fellow, University of Oxford, England (Jan 2011-)
- Professor: Faculty of Global Studies, Musashino University (April 2018-)
- Emeritus Professor: The University of Tokyo (June 2018-)
（As of Nov 2015）
problem of causation, the concept of person, philosophy of probability, freedom and responsibility, metaphysics of death, the death penalty debate, animal ethics, epistemology musicalized
- The Rise of the Person-Knowledge Theory: The Moment of John Locke. 1997. The University of Tokyo Press (in Japanese).
- The Labyrinth of Cause and Effect. 2001. Keiso Publishing Company (in Japanese).
- The Labyrinth of Cause and Reason: The Philosophy of 'Because'. 2006. Keiso Publishing Company (in Japanese).
- Ownership of Death: A Philosophy towards the Death Penalty, Homicide, and the Use of Animals. 2011. The University of Tokyo Press (in Japanese).
- Philosophy of Probability and Vagueness. 2011. Iwanami Shoten (in Japanese).
- A Philosophy facing the Problem of Radiation Exposure. 2013. Chikuma Publishing Company (in Japanese).
and so on.
- The 10th Watsuji Tetsuro Prize of Culture (Mar 1998)
- The 6th Prize of Nakamura Hajime (Mar 1998)
Papers available through my personal WEB site
- "Does Probability Collapse or Retroact?" (PDF), Philosophical Studies, 23. 2005.
- "Bayesianism, Medical Decisions, and Responsibility" (PDF), Bulletin of Death and Life Studies, Vol. 2: Philosophy of Uncertainty and Medical Decisions, 21st Century COE Program DALS, Graduate School of Humanities and Sociology, The University of Tokyo. 2006.
- "Remarks on Epistemology Musicalized" (PDF), Philosophical Studies, 25. 2007.
- "The Paradox of a Dead Person" (PDF), The Journal of Applied Ethics and Philosophy, 4. 2009.
- "Vagueness of Free Will" (Philosophy Documentation Center), WCP 2008 Proceedings Vol. 15 Metaphysics, 53-58. 2009 (author's final draft(PDF)).
- "Hybrid Nature of Causation: A Consideration from Some Ethical Issues" (PDF), Ethics for the Future of Life: Proceedings of the 2012 Uehiro-Carnegie-Oxford Ethics Conference. 2012.
- "Strawson on Locke's Theory of Personal Identity" (PDF), Philosophical Studies, 32. 2014.
- "Normativity, probability, and meta-vagueness" (SpringerLink), Synthese (Author's finally accepted version of manuscript(PDF))
- "A Philosophical Inquiry into the Confusion over the Radiation Exposure Problem" (PDF), Journal of Disaster Research Vol. 11 No. sp, 2016
- "The Death Penalty Debate: Four Problems and New Philosophical Perspectives" (PDF), Journal of Practical Ethics Vol. 5 No. 1 2017
- "Normativity, probability, and meta-vagueness" (SpringerLink), Synthese Vol. 194 Issue 10 2017
- "Uncertain Responsibility for Gene Manipulation"(PDF)
The Society of Philosophy, The Philosophical Association of Japan, Philosophy of Science Society. Japan, Japanese Society for British Philosophy, The Japan Association for Philosophy of Science, The Hume Society